Cabrini Health New Clinical Building (NCB)
Cabrini Health’s new Clinical Building was designed to optimise the patient experience. The building comprises of 11 floors which includes four basement levels.
The project will comprise of the following;
- A Radiotherapy centre incorporating 2 Linear accelerator bunkers at basement level 4
- Car parking from B3 to B1 incorporating end of trip facilities for staff
- 10 acute care bays and a 9 bed short stay area incorporating Imaging equipment in an extended emergency department on ground floor
- 97 state of the art in-patient beds from level 1 to level 6
- 34 Oncology and Infusion treatment bays on level 4
The new building will transform the hospital ward from a purely clinical, sterile space into one of wellbeing and healing.
The interior design challenges outdated operational norms to bring a new level of quality care, comfort and serenity to the patient.
The inclusion of radiotherapy bunkers will complete an integrated cancer care model and improve the patient experience - allowing patients to remain on site for all of their treatment.
Kane Constructions was appointed under a Design and Construct contract to deliver the $75 million project by mid-2019.