ELF Stage 1 - Trainee Rehabilitation Wing (TRW) Holsworthy Army Barracks
Kane was awarded the lump sum contract to the expansion of the Enhanced Land Force Stage 1 - Trainee Rehabilitation Wing works to the Health Support Battalion (HSB) works in early November 2009.
HSB provide surgical support to a deployed force or humanitarian relief effort. The primary role is to provide forward surgical treatment, high dependency holding and staging of patients prior to repatriation to or returning recovered patients to their Unit.
The $21 million works involved construction and modifications at two separate sites - Steel Barracks Moorebank (minor works) and Holsworthy Barracks (major works) - over four stages including:
Stage 1 - The relocation of the existing physiotherapy transportable building at HSB approximately 150m in distance and included tie downs, ramps and service disconnections.
- New Treatment Area and Consultant's Rooms
- New Covered Physical Training Facility
- Extension to Kitchen and Dining Facilities
- A new single level concrete, steel and metal clad headquarters and common building to provide facilities for personnel and support staff trainees
- A new double level concrete and steel Armoury/Q-Store and single level dangerous goods store
- Three new single level concrete/steel framed live in accommodation buildings for trainees and personnel
- Vehicle Parking Bays
- Services roads associated with the works, access ramps and stairs, clearing of vegetation to provide the necessary bush fire clearances
- Fourth Troop Store and Building 55 alteration/additions at Steel Barracks
Stage 3 - Connection of the new and existing dining facilities and installation of new equipment within the HSB kitchen and modifications to HSB office space
Stage 4 - Removal and disposal of the existing transportable buildings at Steel Barracks and HSB