Northern Hospital Cardiac Catheter Laboratories
This $12 million construction management project involved the staged redevelopment of multiple areas of an existing hospital including new Endoscopy and Operating Theatres.
- Removal of existing external canopies and hospital main entry;
- New retail space base building shell over 2 levels including;
- New Front Entry inc. atrium, lobby, new public amenities & external canopies;
- Reconfiguration of the existing vehicle road alignment, drop off an pick up areas and the pedestrian access to the hospital main entry.
Cardiac Catheter Labs
- Two storey extension of the existing building structure to accommodate new Cardiac Catheter Labs;
- Two new purpose built Cardiac Catheter Labs, and support areas;
- Refurbishment of existing staff dining area to accommodate the new 8 bed Recovery area, bathrooms and staff areas.
Endoscopy & Operating Theatre (Addition to original contract)
- Extension of the Operating Theatres including new operating theatre, anaesthesia room, office spaces, AV equip tutorial room and new staff room
- Reconfiguration of the DPU recovery area. Works fast tracked to be carried out over Christmas - project was redesigned by Kane to pre fabricate the majority of the works off site.
- Demolish Operating Theatres to create an Endoscopy Suite and support areas.
- Upgrade of the equipment in CSSD. This is the most sterile area in the hospital and the works had to be carried out without stopping the operation of CSSD and infection control was of the highest importance.
Successful completion of the project resulted in Kane Constructions being awarded a second $15 million contract.