Cabrini Health’s new Gandel Wing was designed to optimise the patient experience. The building comprises of 11 floors which includes four basement levels.
The project will comprise of the following;
- A Radiotherapy centre incorporating two Linear accelerator bunkers at basement level 4
- Car parking from B3 to B1 incorporating end of trip facilities for staff
- 10 acute care bays and a 9 bed short stay area incorporating Imaging equipment in an extended emergency department on ground floor
- 97 state of the art in-patient beds from level 1 to level 6
- 34 Oncology and Infusion treatment bays on level 4
The new building will transform the hospital ward from a purely clinical, sterile space into one of well being and healing.
The interior design challenges outdated operational norms to bring a new level of quality care, comfort and serenity to the patient.
The inclusion of radiotherapy bunkers will complete an integrated cancer care model and improve the patient experience - allowing patients to remain on site for all of their treatment.
Kane Constructions was appointed under a Design and Construct contract to deliver the $75 million project by mid-2019.