Kane Constructions has been awarded three projects at the Westmead Hospital in Sydney. The projects, which will run simultaneously, are:
Millennium Institute Decant & Early Works
The $3.6m works included new demountables, refurbishment of existing offices, demolition of existing buildings with services tunnels and a new carpark. The project was completed as a full design and construct contract. Works were completed in an active working environment with minimum disruption to staff.
Sub-Acute Unit Ward A4A Works
The $2.2m works involved the design development and construction of the Westmead Rehabilitation Unit to deliver a dedicated general Rehabilitation Unit through the redevelopment of the existing Ward A4A.
Westmead Emergency Department Upgrade
The $3.4m works were completed in a fully operational Emergency Department. The works were broken down into 7 stages which included;
- Stage 1 - an extension to the existing hospital footing to accommodate the new Urgent Care Centre which consisted of 2 consultation rooms, 1 treatment room, 6 new treatment bays, a new staff station and x-ray room
- Stage 1B - A new main entry and waiting area
- Stage 2 - Demolition of existing Early Treatment zone and transformation into the new Emergency Resuscitation area which consisted of 3 resuscitation and 1 isolation rooms as well as a new Mental Health Treatment room
- Stage 3 - Demolition of existing resuscitation bays and x-ray room and rebuild of the new Early Treatment zone and ASI area.
- Stages 4A, B and C - The refurbishment of the Reception and the Ambulance/Triage area. Through out these stages we ensured the Reception area was still fully operational at all time while undertaking the new works.
Construction works commenced in February 2012 and concluded in March 2013