Wilson's Promontory Light Station
Kane Constructions was engaged under a lump sum contract to refurbish two buildings at the historic and extremely remote Wilson's Promontory Light House Station.
The original light house keeper's cottage dating from 1859 was converted in to an overnight accommdation building whilst the assistant keeper's cottage was converted in a new managers residence. Both structures are heritage listed.
There is no vehicle access road to the station so all construction materials, plant and equipment was flown in to site by helicopter.
Works were completed in 2000.