The Kane / Nicholson Joint Venture (JV) has been awarded a ‘once in a generation’ opportunity to deliver the new GovHub offices in Ballarat. The JV will team up with architects John Wardle and engineering consultants AECOM to deliver the design and construction of the $100 million multi use office development in the Northern end of Ballarat's central business district.
The Kane Nicholson partnership will bring together national large scale construction knowledge and local construction expertise to deliver this state-of-the-art facility. The relationship between the two parties transcends generation and is solid.
Key features of the development include;
- A multi storey mass timber structure that when complete will be the largest timber built office building in Victoria to date
- Green Star will be used as a sustainable design rating tool with a minimum 5 Star rating for the base building and the fit-out
- The existing Civic Hall will be brought back to life after laying dormant for almost 20 years
- A new civic plaza on Mair Street and a central plaza that will connect the GovHub, Civic Hall and the library
- Strong pedestrian links to the Ballarat CBD and Ballarat Station
The new GovHub offices will house 1000 government staff from 2021.
Construction will start in January 2019 and is expected to be completed by December 2020 with the first staff to move into the hub the following January.