In quarter one of 2020, Kane Constructions alongside Joint Venture partner Nicholson Construction (known as Kane Nicholson) was awarded the $50 million Design & Construct contract to deliver the Bendigo TAFE City Campus Revitalisation Project.
The project scope comprised stages 1A, 1B and 1C. This included:
- Building E – refurbishment of the two-storey existing building. This building is a Heritage Victoria listed building and houses the hospitality department
- Building H – refurbishment of the two-storey existing building. This building is a Heritage Victoria listed building and houses the creative arts department and BT’s administration team
- Building J – new three-storey building comprising of general-purpose classrooms and 'Active Roof' rooftop multi-use teaching space
- Building G – new three-storey building housing the hair and beauty department
- Building P – refurbishment of the existing three-storey building. Southern wing refurbishment only. This building comprises computer labs and general-purpose classrooms for the existing health department
- Building L – demolition of the existing two-storey building (southern wing) containing the original kitchen (staged method)
- Public realm landscaping works were staged across the precinct
- Building C – the existing building was demolished completely to make way for a future government building
- The upgrade and diversion of in-ground services around the Campus, including around Specimen Cottage was delivered as part of the site preparation works for both Stages 1A and 1B
Kane has a strong working relationship with Nicholson Construction. Kane Nicholson recently delivered the $102 million Ballarat GovHub project in April 2021.
The Bendigo TAFE City Campus Revitalisation Project reached Practical Completion in August 2021.