In February 2017 Kane was awarded the House on the Coast project under a Lump Sum contract.
The scope of works included the construction of an idyllic beach front residential dwelling designed by renowned Architect Sean Godsell on a challenging greenfield site.
The project consists of a concrete and steel cantilevered 'L' shaped structure with a timber batten double skin façade, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, gallery, pool, carport, terrace, communal kitchen, dining and living space.
This is the fifth project we have delivered with Sean Godsell Architects. Previous projects include the inaugural MPavilion 2014 project and the Peninsula House Project on the Mornington Peninsula.
ESD features include:
- Argon filled DGUs with thermal break in custom designed frames
- Fully automated shade / rain skin
- Solar collection and battery including future electric car charge point
- All native landscape, bore water, rainwater harvesting and smart irrigation system
- Zoned and smart control Hydronic heating
- Low VOC materials and finishes
- All timbers left uncoated and designed to weather naturally
- Lighting control and master switching
This project reached Practical Completion in early 2018.