In June 2021, Kane Constructions was awarded the $10 million Aikenhead Centre for Medical Discovery (ACMD) Early Works project under a GMP contract.
The project scope includes the construction management of the early works package for the ACMD building at St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne.
The project scope consists of:
- Disconnection and diversion of existing infrastructure and services to the existing Aikenhead Wing Building, Daly Wing Infill Building and Brenan Hall
- Installation of façade protection works to the Daly Wing Building
- Management of the diversion and relocation of overhead assets on Victoria Parade and Nicholson Street
- Management of authority works associated with the relocation of existing bus stops
- Full demolition of the existing Aikenhead Wing and Daly Wing Infill Building including hazardous material removal
- Part demolition of Brenan Hall including façade retention and hazardous material removal
ACMD is Australia’s first, collaborative, hospital-based biomedical engineering research facility.
This project will reach Practical Completion in the second half of 2022.