Kane Constructions has a long-standing relationship with Barwon Health and is excited to continue the partnership with the delivery of the Building B Stage 3 Main Works project. Kane was awarded the $2 million dollar Lump Sum contract in March 2022.
The project includes the following work packages:
- A new Satellite Reprocessing Unit (SRU) including complete replacement of the existing dumb waiter and shaft from the SRU up to the four recently refurbished operating theatres
- Lower ground refurbishment of BOH service rooms, plantroom upgrades and passive fire rating upgrades
- A new café, reception and complete replacement of floor, wall and ceiling finishes throughout the live main entry foyer \
- Remaining fire services upgrades throughout the full building, including installation of dry and wet services throughout both new and existing clinical areas including the commissioning of a hydrant system
- Lower ground and ground floor refurbishment works
Works are due to be completed by late 2022.