Kane Constructions was engaged under a Lump Sum contract by Brisbane City Council to deliver the new Bracken Ridge Library & Ward Office project.
The project scope included:
- Demolition of an existing library, ward office and car park on the southern boundary of the site
- Construction of a new two storey library and ward office facility
- New 56 space undercover/basement car park, as well as an outdoor car park
- Two new crossovers
- Servicing facilities
- Pedestrian pathway/link through the site
- Extensive landscaping works
Works were completed in two stages within the confines of a fully operational environment. This allowed the existing library to remain open to the public while construction was undertaken.
Stage 1 involved the construction of a new vibrant library and ward office, and stage 2 involved the demolition of existing facilities once the new building was occupied.
The new hub offers a variety of unique spaces available for the wider community, including offices, amenities for the local city Councillor, public meeting rooms, children’s play and learning areas, public quiet rooms and reading lounge spaces. The landscaped courtyard area is available for local community events.